No matter how it went, you probably have ensured that a lot of different photos were taken on your wedding day. By hiring certified photographers or even have it done by a few friends of yours, you now find yourself immersing yourself into this multitude of photos. It probably is quite a mess, and you might be wondering how to sort it out into a graceful album.
To help you get started, try to follow these simple tips to get your photos sorted out into an album without much effort and time lost:
- Choose your Favourites – By browsing a few times through your photo collection, you should have been able to identify a few photos that you have just fallen in love with. The first thing you want to do is to separate these favourites of yours, as they are probably some of the higher quality ones that would look great in the album you are going to make.
- Discard the Bad Ones – There will inevitably be a few photos that were out of focus, blurred or just plain ugly, particularly so if you didn’t opt for professional wedding videography and reliable photography services, and instead relied on a few acquaintances to get the job done. These photos are probably not worth keeping, and even if you want to, separating them now would be a good idea so as to not mix them up with the photos you are going to use in the album.
- Think Chronologically – After you have a few photos sorted out, you may start to think of a way to arrange them in the album itself. If you cannot seem to think of anything good, try to arrange them in chronologically order. It is a simple, yet effective way of preparing your album. Remember that even many professional wedding photographers still use this method when making wedding albums.
- Play with Colours – Sometimes, you may have had the idea of taking some photos in black and white. This could very well be a great asset when making your new album, as you can alternate between such images and standard coloured ones to make more of an impact. Alternatively, you could also try to arrange photos in a way that they bring out the theme of your wedding.
- Less is Better – Try to limit your album’s size if possible. Having too many photos can actually make your album look worse and out of order, and make it more look more like a stash of photos that were taken during your wedding. This is not the same as an album that is made to make you remember and relive this wonderful experience even after many years have passed since then.